View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 06:47 PM

Unhappy SLk roof

Thanks Gilly,
I live in Essex in East London, I am not entirley sure what the problem is, but please read below. it answers some of the questions you asked.
I pulled the tray.
I dont have roof opening manuals
The button when pressed down did lower the little window and it eventually did the main window, maybe I need instructions on how to operate the roof switch. also the roof pushes down like itstrying to lock itself.
When i pulled it the button up nothing happens , so could it be the roof swicth or the sensors or the microswitch, though mercedes says its the roof switch. I am awaiting a full report from the test they did on my car, if they ever find it.
Cheers
Mark
Essex UK

Thanks,
Ok When i got to the garage, i explained to the repairer to check everythingto make sure its all aligned. well we cant get it 100%. So i spread the boot tray and tried opening the roof. When i press down the button, there was some noise from the buzzing noise from the back boot where the roof motor is and the car engine sounded different, then the rear quarter window went down, the front window too were going down.
The roof lock didnt open, neither did the boot, after couple of tries the roof lock realsed itself, and yet the boot still didnt open. what i also notice was that before the operation i could raise the boot about 30cm high into the position where the roof folds in, but after laying the tray and pressing the console button, i couldnt raise the boot anymore. it seems that it has locked into a psoition. The mechanic suggested maybe its the console roof button thats faulty, as we now know its not the hydraulics. i also checked the level and it was in between the level. we concluded it was nothing to do with alignment but the sensors. it seems there is a break down of communication between the sensor.

is there a particular sequence of pressing the button?
also when i pressed the button again , the roof presses down into the lock position rather than pulling back like it wants to open. Could it be the console button sending out the wrong signal? why is the boot lid stuck now?

I called Lakeside mercedes, asking for a computer log of the diagnostics they ran on my car yesterday after i dropped it there, i was promised someone will call me back which no one did, until i specifically asked for the manager, and he too promised to call me back which he didnt . so tomorrow am dropping my car there again for a rexamination and get a proper log of all the faults.
They claim on the invoice that the roof switch is damage so i need to know which one.