View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 01:50 AM
'94 S500: only 793 sold!

Check my web page . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulman2703
I have a 1994 S500 with 151,000 miles. The car runs great, I bought it a couple years ago. It was a one owner car. So far I've got the the lower bushings replaced, brakes, battery, etc, just mainly maintainence stuff. I still have yet to experience this infamous AC EVAPORATOR failure that is going to cost many thousands of dollars to fix. Is it likely that the old owner may have had this problem and already got it fixed? What exactly does this part do and where can I look under the hood to see if I have a new one. Finally, if my original AC EVAP is still working, is it for sure it will fail? Aren't there s500 owners out there who have not had their AC fail?
for all of the AC things you wanted to know but . . . It's contained in MENU#15. You can read the operating parameters out on the dash.

One ALMOST sure sign is sort of a musty, mildew smell coming from the vents. You can then almost guarantee that the evap sprung a leak. You cant see an evap without taking the car apart. Check MENU#16 for a picture of same.

And one of my favorite lines in one of my favorite movies ". . be afraid. be very afraid"!

Visit my Mercedes Web Page