View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 10:47 AM

Update!

I called the numbers into VW and to a Bosch shop. VW said that the pump was for a manual transmission car...068 180 107 AG as noted earlier in this thread by tolive31(Thanks).

The Bosch tech said that the difference between pumps is not much. He said that they are calibrated so close to each other that they are interchangeable.
The tech also said that if the Timing gear was worn that it would cause these symptoms. That is a possibility in this case. I have noticed that it is hard to keep the sproket locked into position when tensioning the timing belt tensioner. Seeing how I already have a manual tranny pump on the car I will use the other pump I have and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for all your help even though it is not a MB. This forum is easier to navigate and read than the VW forums I have looked at. I guess I am just used to this one and more comfortable with it. I also ASSUME that some of you are like me and got your first experience with a diesel VW. They are great to get an education on. MB's rule!

Kevin