View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 08:07 PM

The blower is still making sounds like it is working, but no air coming out.

Actually I should say it WAS making sounds with no air coming out, but right now it is working. Viper300E posted back in 2003 about a similar intermittent blower motor problem (found it after I posted) and suggested jiggling the ignition key because there seemed to be "a fine line in the ignition switch that allows the play over time to cut out the electrical power to the blower motor."

I "jiggled" the key on Saturday, and can't get it to misbehave again! I'm still taking it in to the dealer on Tuesday morning and having them check out the ignition because I don't want more problems further down the road.

Miracle of miracles ... I hope this is the answer. I actually had to turn DOWN the blower this afternoon!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm copying the threads and bringing them in to the dealer with me tomorrow just in case the ignition isn't causing the problem. I sure would have thought the dealer would have searched for an answer the last few times I was there with the intermittent problem - rather than just throwing in new parts and crossing their fingers. All it took was a little Internet search to find this forum on my part ...

Oh, well, live and learn ... and pay ... and pay ... and pay ...