View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 07:04 PM
I'll Go Upside Your Head!

Considering WVO for expermentation

I've spent the past two hours browsing various WVO threads and have a few basic questions. First of all, this would be for the SDL. I would only bother with this lightly during summer months when it wouldn't dip below 50F and I don't want to do any major modifications with extra tanks, heaters, etc. I was thinking to maybe just ask a couple restaurants if I could have some of their used oil every once in a while.

I read about filtering so I think I got a grasp on that. So how about if I just filtered it down then put it in the car? What do you guys think would be the most ideal concentration? I think the worst part for me would be finding it then filtering. How about if I just used the bucket method like spoken of in other threads. I could cut a hole in the top one with a filter there then it empties into a gathering bucket which could then be put in the car. Would that be sufficient or would I be dealing with a lot of clogged filters?

Bio-D is too expensive. As previously stated I'm just doing this as I think it will be a neat project, plus I like the idea of french fry smells from my exhaust pipe.

I'm hoping to make it to the next Detroit G2G so I can see other member's setups.

Thanks
David

2000 Honda Accord V6 137k miles

1972 300SEL 4.5 98k miles