View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 07:36 PM

i wouldn't do it without a 2-tank system. just an opinion, but even if you filter down to 5 microns to make the oil clean, you're still going to have colder than optimum (160-180f) oil/diesel mix going into the ip at a lower viscosity than you want. plus, you'll have different densities of fuel in the tank, leading to the eventuality that you will end up running more or less straight wvo at a low temperature (not recommended). i don't know about what blend ratio might be safe, but i wouldn't want diesel and wvo in the same tank. other opinions accepted. if you really wanted to try, you could just get a plastic tank and run line with a solenoid switch and a filter to the tank, with a veg-therm on a switch (you don't want it heating diesel) to heat the oil a little more before the ip. not a system that'll get you 160f, and it may screw up your ip having to pump thick oil. that's not too much work and it'll only run you $250 or so. but i'm no expert, so i'm not actually recommending this system for warmer weather. just throwing an idea at you. actually, forget i said anything. just read my first sentence .