View Single Post
Old 05-01-2001, 03:13 PM
Machnumber2 Machnumber2 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 223
I am doing a home project and one of the things I need is some sort of device that will creat an up and down movement of about 6" or so and be able to life about 450 lbs. This thing needs to go up and down about once per second or every coulple of seconds..
I was thinking about those things that they put on cars in the seventies (certain type of shock absorber I think) where the driver could flip a switch over and over or something and make the front end of his car bounce up and down? How does that work? What is it that causes the car to jump up and down like that? I really appreciate any input, this has been a GREAT site
1996 E320
2000 C230 Kompressor
1988 190e 2.3 - 225K miles, owned for 7 years. I cannot say enough good things about this car. Very well built, even at 225 it ran like new.
Reply With Quote