View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 06:46 PM
dieselarchitect

350 sdl excessive camber

the rear a frame may be bent. i think that they may be the same as on the 123. if so i bought my last two from a small local yard for i think $75 ea. they took it off with the hot wrench. my local shop charged i think about $300 to install. on my cars one got bent by my daughter sliding on ice against a curb. the other rusted until it began to collapse. the wheel was in about 3" at the top and the whole shebang was about to fall off. this one was on the 83 240 that i sold to my son and his wife. she was driving and noticed that the hubcap fell off and didn't notice the wheel leaning over! on your car, as new as it is, i doubt it is rusty, hence suspect it is bent. good luck.

there may be no reason to panic on the engine. rough running can be caused on start up by one or more bad glow plugs. a little difficult to get at but not a huge expense. the bent rod scenario will make drastic noise and severe oil consumption. it doesnt sound like yours is that drastic.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.