View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 06:55 PM
dieselarchitect

350sdl smoking

ps
the oil may use up faster if you arent changing it often enough... also be sure to use diesel rated oil. i like the rotella but some guys are using mobil one. be sure to check the manual for weight recommended. i always err on the side of using heavier oil especially in an engine with some miles on it. i use 15w40. i find if i run the oil over the 3,000 mile mark very much the engine will go through it faster. oil air and fuel filters are more critical on diesels in general. dirty air filter will damage diesels much faster than gas engines, ditto dirty oil. a plugged fuel filter will cause loss of power gradually. if you get water in the fuel you might grow algae. this will show up as small black dots in your primary (the smaller ) fuel filter. it will plug up the works. but you can buy algae killer at a truck or tractor supply and it will kill it and un plug at least the sock in the tank pickup.

too much info? if so sorry. good luck.

diesels forever!
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.