View Single Post
Old 05-03-2001, 12:55 PM
All Fixed

Thanks for the help, I got the parts from FASTLANE, transmission fluid from MB.

The job went very well apart from the lower hose reconnection on the radiator, next time I will try to put the hose on first before I put it in. Anyone else who tries make sure you have a small 9mm wrench for tightening up the MB clip (other brands will not be the same size).

Also the "part" that's left !! is the longest of rubber strips that came off the old rad.

The 2 smaller ones were obviously from the bottom, but the long one dropped off the old rad as I removed it. I could not find a picture to show me where it goes so I will have to fit it when I find out.

Otherwise the job is easy compared to other domestics (US AND UK) I have worked on. I particularly liked the thermostat housing design. (No "gasket from tube" required).

I left the top hose off while I refilled the system to help reduce air locks which I think made a difference.

Engine temp today (92 degrees outside temp) is just over the 80 mark and stable.

I would love all of you guys to be neighbors (neighbours) of mine so I could lend a hand when you need it.

This site is awesome !

Mike Mudditt
Brit (expat)
Philadelphia Area

1990 124, 300E 2.6 (daughter)
2004 Cayenne S, Fabspeed Cat Bypass, BMC Racing Filter
2000 Lexus RX 300 (Wife)
Retired 1999 ML430