Thread: fan clutch?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 08:11 PM
'94 S500: only 793 sold!

Lea, for your car. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaUK
Now I believe we're getting there.

So we all now believe MB does intend for the VFC to operate before the aux fans and in my R129 it does.
we don't know that yet! By that, I mean that you have not measured the temps at the heater, block, tstat area, radiator, etc. We DO know that your car shows 85C on the gauge but I can tell you that that is a VERY LOW temperature; NEVER have seen a R129 w/ M119 engine show such a low operating temp. Also does your vfc lock up?? Have you actually measured that?? Please make these measurements to show us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaUK
Regarding the tropics unit - was it ever proved that the characteristics of the BMS were different? As maybe Sachs made other changes not visible - like changing the viscosity of the fluid to attain higher rpm when not fully locked? I just contemplating!
If you read the BONG36 explanation, he said it locked up at 90C. Before with the old vfc, the car was running hot. So the bms material is the difference. The 'gel' does NOT affect the pull-in point of the clutch.

So we need you to make some measurements and tell us why your engine is running at 85C.

Visit my Mercedes Web Page

Last edited by JimF; 04-24-2005 at 08:22 PM.