View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 05:56 PM

Tranny & Other MB Work in Great Neck, Nassau County, NY

Thanks to Stef, from whom I first learned about this shop in another thread.

In Great Neck, Long Island, right past the Queens border, is Willy's Auto Service, phone 516-773-3542. I first called Willy about my transmission not shifting and learned that he was the tranny diagnostician and rebuilder for two MB dealers in Queens for over 10 years until he left to open his own place. I brought my car in, and now it rides like a dream (1988 300ce). And the price was very, very fair. Also, Willy recommended that before he give me back the car we change the spark plugs, fuel filter and fan belt (obviously worn), and he had no problem with using parts which I already had purchased; for these services he charged a nominal labor fee, plus when he changed the spark plugs he charged me only for the parts. My point is he wanted to go the extra mile to be sure the car ran fine after he released it to me, not to make an extra few dollars. As a bonus, he happily discussed the tranny issues, even showed me the worn parts, and talked about other issues with the w124. Give him a try- you'll be happy you did ( I decided to drive from Westchester, about 25 miles away, all in second gear, so he could service my car.)
93 300ce cabrio (black/grey/black top)
98 ml 320 (totaled @ 137,000 miles)
99 clk320 (black/grey/black top)

Last edited by richard28; 04-26-2005 at 06:02 PM.