View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 02:20 PM

The engine mounts came and I did not inspect them close enough.

When I was about mid-way through removing the old ones (which weren’t too bad at all in firmness and general appearance) I realized that one of the engine mounts that they sent me was the wrong part. It looks like it was bagged wrong from their supplier as all the numbers on the bag were identical to the correct one.

Now like I mentioned the old engine mounts were in good shape. I would guess a few years old at that. The rubber was solid and firm so I reused one of them… the best looking one with the most height and firmness and replaced the other with the correct new one. I also replaced the transition mount as well. (What a funny item that is. The logic of exactly how the transmission mount works defies me. I got it in though.)

The bad news is that the problem is still present.

When I give the engine the violent shake test it seems pretty darn firm.

I am at a loss here as I can not figure out why this is still happening. If the old mounts were in any worse shape I would blame the old mount – but at the same time with out having two perfectly new mounts I can’t rule it out either.

Has any one experienced a similar problem that didn’t turn out to be the engine mounts?

At least I learned that I could do the job and how to do it. I also learned the ‘inspect mail order parts before starting the job lesson’ in a big way
Lofat Productions
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -