View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 03:52 PM

Both of the bolts are in there – I put them in myself the other night and I don’t think they are going anywhere as I tightened them pretty good. I replaced the transmission mount too. The old one was in pretty shoddy condition but the new one while not seeming like the most rugged piece of rubber in the world was intact when I installed it. I installed it the same way the old one was installed – which I am assuming is correct as I have not had any transmission problems to speak of…. Well, that isn’t entirely true, last night when I was backing up – I heard some strange sounds coming from under the car, but I attributed that to big load in the trunk because after I unloaded the Costco load and moved it the sound was gone. (I need shocks or springs in the back in a big way)

I am at a loss at this. When the other new mount comes in I will be under there again, and will see if anything ‘looks’ off.

One thing I should mention is that I realized that the accelerating doesn’t just happen on inclines but it seems that it has a lot more to do with the wheel being turned almost all the way in either direction like turning into a parking spot.

The engine will rev up and it seems that if I tap the brake once or twice it settles back down…
Lofat Productions
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -