View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat
Thanks for the info now I understand, One more question my trans is shifting
just about right at low throttle but when I punch it its to soft with some flaring I disconnected the line from the modulator on injection pump that goes to trans modulator and it shifts way to hard does this mean that the modulator on the inj. pump is not venting enough vacuum at higher throttle positions. Thanks
I am working through similar issues It is very helpful to have a vacuum gauge or a mityvac to read your vacuum at various points in your system.

It sounds like you may have too much vacuum or your modulator on your trans may need adjusting. Put a gauge on the line that feeds the modulator - it is black and heads down towards the transmission from your switchover valves on top of the valvecover. You should read in the 15in range and then it should drop to or near 0 when throttle is applied. If it does not reach at or near 0 you are supplying too much vacuum to the modulator which can result in early shifts and major flaring.

I see you already adjusted you modulator, but it is best to solve any issues upline prior to adjusting your modulator. IOW, verify proper vacuum levels to the modulator prior to adjusting the modulator. Someone said in another post that if you get your modulator adjusted too far it can fry the tranny.
'79 300D - (sold)