View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodg5ck
You'll need to pull the front cover and my adivse would be you replace ALL your rails. If one snapped, the chances good that all the others are Quite brittle as well. Also a great time to replace your chain and tensioner...get the timing back in spec.

Jonathan
Timing is perfect and already did the other rail and tensioner when I did the head gasket! So the lower rail and this is all that is left! My problem is what is entailed in pulling the front cover? Does the Head have to come off and does the oil pan as well? I have replaced the water pump before so I know how to get the front end all apart! Also did the head gasket as well! But I do not want to have to go out and buy a head gasket set again and go through all that just to get a little piece of plastic and metal back in this car. Personally I am quite sick of the stupid crap that happens to these things. Everytime I think I am done something else happens. It will be a never ending saga and makes me want to dump both my Benz's, especially the W203 since it will be out of warranty soon!

1986 190E 2.3 Black, Auto, Mods to come soon.....