View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 10:30 PM

had a cracked head, but its all good now

hey everybody im back, apparently i havent been here since last october, but alot has happened since then, and i now have the most expensive 300D in the world.

first, my AC blower went out in december (yes, in texas we need the AC in december) and there were some other things that needed to be done, wanted to get the turbo fixed once and for all. got new shocks, HD's all around. new bushings, tie rods and berings in the front end, brake pads/rotors.

i took it to TGA in houston for all of this because i thought they might be able to get the turbo working, they didnt, but they did charge me for it! they also broke my corrugated exaust downpipe and refused to fix it, saying it was "normal wear and tear" even though it had been intact when i dropped off the car. tried to work with them on that but i got tired of being jerked around. on top of that they charge too much. ill never go there again, and i suggest you stay away too (and this is a place that ive recommended here in the past).

then after doing all of that, three months later my cylinder head cracks, what luck, so i take it to helmuts and he hooked me up with a new one and got my turbo rebuilt, turns out the vacuum actuator diaphram had a hole in it, i dont know how we missed that before, but now my turbo is great. new actuators arent available unless you get one with a new turbo, so the turbo guy had to fabricate a new mount for one off of a used turbo, worked out great and it was cheap.

so you guys dont have to worry about me whining about my turbo anymore, (God willing!). and i bet i could beat any other 2.5 off the line anyday.

i was thinking i might go by helmuts and get my old cylinder head (whats he gunna do with it?) and maybe hang it on the wall in my living room, what do you think? maybe make a coffee table out of it...
1991 350 SD 185k
2006 S 500
2005 SLK 350