View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 09:10 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not thick enough to think that this will be a perfect system. If I run into problems, I'm willing to do a complete 2-tank conversion - I'll already have the engine area heaters. But I think it's worth a good test and since I put 3000 miles a month on my car, any problems will show up rather quickly.

I think with the superior lubricating qualities of WVO, even 20% RUG won't bring it below a safe point, though I won't try that until cooler weather.

It's good to know others are doing this also, though maybe not in the same type of climate I am. Tony, I've been following your posts and you've given me inspiration.

If all goes well, I filter in 4 days (been settling for 2) and I'll add 20% wvo to the tank. At that time I will change both fuel filters and monitor them. I have well over 20K on both of them now, just running diesel. I'll also change the oil the same day ( I use a 5000 mile schedule - every 6 weeks or so).

If my source keeps up, I'll be veggin' soon!

Former cars:
1984 300D 445k (!!) (Strider) Original (and not rebuilt) engine and transmission. Currently running on V80 ( 80% vegetable oil, 20% petroleum products). Actually not, taking a WVO break.
1993 300d 2.5 275k. Current 120/day commuter
1981 300SD 188k (Hans) Killed by a deer