View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 04:25 PM
ForcedInduction

The struts are out and I'm working with a pair of air shocks to replace them. Both (Along with the rest of the underside) are a little dirty due to line leaks around the drivers side accumulator and engine oil blowing back. The struts don't leak and were (supposidly) replaced a few months before I bought the TD two years ago. (Another shameless plug: The pump, tank, and struts are sill for sale. Just make an offer.)

Once the drivers side strut came out after 30 minutes and I knew what it took, the passenger side was out in 5 minutes.

Next: Air ride

...and a cutting torch (I wish right now )

*edit* Slow going, the air shocks were too big to fit through the stock strut openings so I need to pull the springs. Looks like it won't be anywhere as easy as I had thought. But it seems like the TD has a chip on it's shoulder for me this weekend. The Prechambers were a PITA to get out, my battery was almost dead, the copression gauge didn't have an injector hole adaptor, and my right fog light is blown out.
Attached Thumbnails
300TD SLS pump removal and suspension conversion-sls-strut-sht.jpg   300TD SLS pump removal and suspension conversion-sls-strut-lng.jpg   300TD SLS pump removal and suspension conversion-sls-top-mount.jpg  

Last edited by 82-300td; 05-08-2005 at 09:12 PM.