View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 11:19 PM

it still depends

Folks,

I try to consider all sides. I traded from a 5.0 mustang to a diesel MB. I live in an area where it often takes 4-5 lights to get through an intersection - typically because someone is yacking on their cell phone and delays 10 cars getting through a light. If someone chose to accelerate by choice at a pace that meant 10 or 15 people would not make it through a light I would rank that the same way - inconsiderate of others. To me a big factor is - is it every light or once in a while? If I had to follow someone like that through 5 lights... were they were on a cell phone or just chose to be slow? Either way would be effecting many people for your own convenience.

To be fair, the original poster did not say how "slow" he went. He may be well within the parameters of reasonable. I guess I assumed he was "cell phone slow", and I'm sorry if I mis-interpreted.

So I don't race to the speed limit either, but I do look in my mirror and think about if there are 100 people behind me. If I'm in the left lane at 70 and there are 20 cars behind me and nobody in front, I move over and let them by. If I close on someone doing less than the speed limit, I would hope (not expect) they do the same. Consideration by all of us sharing a common resource and different priorities will help everybody.

Chuck