View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Tradonguy

1980 240D Parts or Project Car

My 1980 golden braun 240D looks good and runs great but there is a problem with rust underneath where the coil springs are mounted. It has 370,000 km or about 247,000 miles on it. New glowplugs, clutch, and battery. I do not have the facilities or finances to fix the rust problem so I am making my "pride and joy" available to anyone who is interested in it as a parts or project car. Of course I want to get something for it but rather than putting it on Ebay, I am putting it here where the MB enthusiasts have helped me so much in the past. It has Euro lights and a new CD player (gift from my daughter). Those will be removed if offers are too, too low. Tires have lots of tread but are weather-checked so they need replacing. 4 speed transmission, no air, cruise lever needs replacing but cruise works, no air conditioning, vacuum locks work fine, sunroof motor works but needs to be replaced (I unplug it when parked as it seems to be draining the battery). Location is Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. It is driveable but not safetied in Ontario.