View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dculkin
You definitely need to fix that "Early American" thing, although it never occurred to me to be changing my license plates.

My favorite license plate slogan is in Washington, D.C.: "Taxation without Representation", a reference to the outrageous denial of voting representation in Congress for citizens of D.C. There is no legitimate reason to deny them representation. The only reason the deplorable situation continues is that the Republicans know that representation for D.C. means an almost automatic, permanent Democrat seat in Congress. In other words, Republicans don't care about democracy, only power.

Thats becasue its not a state...its just a city......and a city does not = a state. Its the Democrats who are trying a power grab by fielding that arguement.

If they have problems let them vote under Marylands umbrella.......as DC was historically part of maryland.
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche