View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 03:27 AM
novaalison23

Mr.Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altinger
Well, it was finally time to put my new 16oz bottle of Leatherique Prestine Clean to the test on my 89 260E with beige MBTex. The old owners were pigs.

So, I spent most of the afternoon, and scrubbed and wiped to get the front seats done. Am I impressed? Man oh man.... this stuff made my grimey old seats look new. I mean NEW NEW. Wow!

My friend was curious how it turned out, so I drove to his place to show the results. He was impressed, but claimed he had something better. Better than Leatherique?!? BAH! Humbug I proclaim! (Actually, I told him he was full of ****, to be perfectly honest.) The boys from the M-B forum say nothing is better! (I tried Lexol too, but not on my seats. I was never that impressed with it.) He pulls out a can of General Motors Leather care. I scoffed, pointed at him, and made fun of his silly domestic tripe. Well, we agreed to try it half way on the armrest. So, he squirts his can and a white hair-mousse like foam comes out on my precious interior. Well... as much as I hate to say it, this stupid can which costs 1/5th of Leatherique did an amazing job in a 1/3rd of the work. Tomorrow I'll try Leatherique on the other half of the armrest and see what worked better.

I may have to go to a (shudder) GM dealership and buy some of this stuff and save myself some work. It was seriously THAT good. I'll gladly email pics of my current progress with the Leatherique though. Before/after shots.

altinger@shaw.ca
I just used one of the Mr.Clean magic erase bars, and OMG the diffrence was amazing. i mean in spots where it looked clean there was a huge diffrence in how clean it looked, and its PERFECT in between the doors.
FOR SALE (kinda)