View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Rutgers University

My new purchase.... 190D 5 SPEED

I know that this thread is worthless without pics so I will take some later on and post it in here. Anyway, I found a deal of a life time. I know that all this seems too good but I checked the car up and down and the "RICH" guy has owned it for over 10 years and it was stored in the garage. All the scheduled maintenance was done at the dealer so I was pretty happy with that. The only thing that was giving me trouble with the car were the blinkers: they worked fine but then stopped working and the hazards work fine so it is probably just a switch.

Now the price details etc. 1985 190D 2.2 5 Speed 159k miles (Light Sky Blue) for 1800 dollars The body looks awesome and looks just like my dads 1992 300D. Thank god it was stored in a garage. The intereior is great with no rips and the radio and the climate control look brand new.

I was driving a 240D AUTO for the last two years so this car seems like a speed demon. I must truely say that it is like night and day.

I guess my manual tranny conversion on the 240D is out of the question. I am a bit dissapointed though because I had everything together which included new clutch, pressure plate etc. I had every single bolt and nut to complete the conversion since I bought a low mileage 240D (one owner) You guys probably remember that when I was parting it out. I will just put the kit on ebay so some enthusiast can put it on his 240D.

Oh yes, one more thing.... It took me over 9 long months to find this perfect car. It was located 32 miles from my home so I was surprised since I was looking all over the states.

Any tips on these cars ?