View Single Post
Old 05-09-2001, 08:46 PM
Wm. Lewallen
To all,
I have a 1977 MB 300D that I bought from a lady (with a PHD I might add)that had run the car till the oil ran out and the engine locked up. Number two rod seized. I rebuilt the engine in 1982 and the car has had a 50/50 mix of water and Prestone antifreeze since then. That's been 19 years and I've only changed the antifreeze once.That Prestone just lasts and lasts and lasts. It still has the original radiator. This car runs so cool the aux. fan never comes on. The fan is good and so is the relay, 212 switch and all the wiring.It runs cool at highway speeds with AC going full blast.
Even if I believed that this Wetter Water stuff would make my engine run cooler,I don't think I need it.
By the way; whatever happened to STP that Andy Granetalle(?)used to hawk on TV.He claimed it would make a worn out engine like new if you would just add STP to your oil. I never believed STP could make your worn out engine like new, and I don't believe Wetter Water is going to make your engine run cooler.
If you really think it does, I still have some ocean front property here in Central Kentucky that I would like to sell to you. Real cheap...
Bill Lewallen; Lexington,Ky. Home of RDC Bearings