View Single Post
Old 05-10-2001, 05:55 PM

I found the bad connection Gilly. It was inside the wiring harness that was inside the channel that was under the sub flooring that was under the rug. I took out the passenger seat and pulled up the carpet, opened the channel and then cut the harness open.

There were five wires in there all red with white stripe. They were corroded to dust and greener than the teeth of that kid I went to grade school with.

Well thanks a million to you and to Steve who also gave some good advice. Steve evidently ran into the exact same problen some time ago but could not remember exactly where the connector was located.

For future reference it is under the floor inside the taped up wiring harness halfway between the front of the back seat cushion and the back of the front passenger seat. Right where you would put your feet if sitting in the right back seat.

Again thanks. The central locking system now works like a charm. I soldered the R/Ws and two sets of ground wires... Browns and a set of brown/black stripe also in the same location.

Now to put everything back together again.

Smiles.

P.S. The channel for the harness runs under the front seats and under the seat rails along with duct work for the back seat heat. The floor is molded to allow the transverse grossing.

[Edited by ejsharp on 05-10-2001 at 05:59 PM]

1993 190E 2.3
2000 Toyota 4x4 Tundra