View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogweed
perhaps you should familiarize yourself with a dictionary and look up 'rational'; i supplied a reason why this might be considered a trap and hence could be construed as entrapment. while i respect your opinion and your right to disagree with that reason i would submit that your response would be irrational as it seems to disregard the operative, rational argument in my original statement. look up the etymology of liberal while you're at it; you may be surprised.
Well the classic "entrapment" defense is when cops actively go out and try to solicit someone to commit a crime with large sums of money..effectly talking them INTO doing something illegal....parking a car like any other car on a street to be stolen is hardley the same....even if its a desireable car to theives....even if its got cameras in it to prove it with remotely locking doors..to hold the criminals......my point being that there was no active enticement involved there...
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 06-04-2005 at 09:37 PM.