View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Registered ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Benz
Ford/Delco took over the Jag electronics by the early 90's.

I had an earlier '92 XJS V-12 that was absolutely beautiful and luxurious...and expensive to maintain. Unloaded it for the SL we have now, which is draining my pockets right now for a $7 headlamp bulb and $30 washer pump!

That is my typical experience right now...I can always expect to add a couple of zeroes if I get the Jag part versus the MB part.

One year, a broken glove box lock was $120! Same design as my $11 VW lock...except it had to be imported from GB due to having to specially key the lock!

The endless climate control and lamba sensor issues is what made my finally get rid of it. Decided $6K of repairs with less than 45K miles on the vehicle was enough!

Stuff like that wears you down.

I had a 1987.5 XJ6 and that one cost a pretty penny to maintain. Then I replaced it with a 1990 XJ6 and had nothing go wrong at all.

I guess I want a nice car and not the repairs which looks like it's a tall order these days. The good cars are old now and getting tired, the newer cars are breaking down just as much with carzy stupid electronic and quality control issues, and so leasing seems to be winning the vote for a lot of people. This new car that I buy may be the last if things keep going the way they are now and I may jump on the leasing idea and enjoy a warranty for a change.