View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth
might work but lawsuits are always a lot more trouble than they look like going in. in indiana small claims is limited to $3000. i would try like hell to get a settlement myself... while hinting at lawsuits to come if no action is forthcoming.
That's why I said let them pay their half now and sue them for the remaining $2,000. Almost every small claims court will allow at least that much (mine is $5,000). I have sued twice is SCC, once I went through with it and won and one time I settled with the defendant for 100% of what I was seeking...both cases took very little time and effort and were well worth the trouble. Don't be afraid to use small claims court. You can sue a big company like MBUSA in your own municipal court and they HAVE TO RESPOND or you will win by default and get an enforceable judgement against them.

Chances are their lawyers will cost them lots more than $2,000 to defend it so I think they will simply settle any case against them for these repairs rather than defend them and risk losing anyway.

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz