View Single Post
Old 05-16-2001, 11:08 PM
What, Me Worry?

Hello folks!

When I first bought the car earlier this year. I noticed that 4th would sometimes engage rather late. About a month ago I noticed that this would be more pronounced when it was cold out.About two weeks ago I let my cousin use the car, ( she was careful with it, she doesn't want me mad at her ) ...anyway, the other day she calls up and reminds me how I told her to let it warm up a little and the shifting would not be late. Then she goes on to tell me how the shifting delay seems to have gotten quite a bit worse. I went there tonight to see for myself, and she did not exagerate one bit. 1st and 2nd are just fine...third and fourth is non-existant....I could not get them go engage for nothing. I noted that if I got up to approx. 35 mph, and then let off the accelerator, it did not do the enginebrake like it does when its (placed manually) in first or second. Fluid level is fine. Any ideas what this could be, or has anyone experienced/heard of this before?
Thanks for your time!

-Larry

PS It has about 19x,xxx miles and runs great.

09 Jetta TDI
1985 300D