View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koop
Nice speakers. Klipsch are real particular about the front end. I've heard them with bad stuff and they sound horrible. I've heard them with good tube amps and they sing.

I bet they sound great with the Dynaco.
They were singing alright for about 1 hour when the main fuse blew in my Dyanaco. I did some research and concluded that I should have use the 8 ohm tap instead of the 4 ohm tap. I also fused my Forte's to protect them from my tube amp from shorting out and taking out the speakers.

I've been listening to them with my Pioneer and anything past 1/3 volume is insanely loud. My wife went out to the local library to pick up different types of music. Every type of music I play sounds increadable.

MedMech what are you driving your Forte II's with?

Boneheaddoctor don't kick yourself yet, check e-bay to see what your equipment is going for now.

I picked up my pioneer receiver back in 1980 for $500 since it was a discontinued model. They have been selling on e-bay between $1500 to $1800. I won't sell mine since they don't make them like they use to - the same goes for my Klipsch Forte's.
1992 Chevy Astro, 205K Miles