View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 05:40 PM

My miserable Ebay experience with an 82 300DT..

Here's my winning bid:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4549659693&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Here's what was never mentioned:
Ø The owner mentioned that all of the electrical accessories work. Many do not. This includes:
-The sunroof
-Cruise control
-Automatic locks (the lock ‘button’ for the rear passenger is not
connected and cannot be locked at all)
-The rear passenger and driver electric window switches

Ø He said there were no cracks in the windshield or dash-there is a semi-circular crack in the upper driver’s side corner of the windshield and at least 4 small cracks in the dashboard.

Ø The tachometer does not work properly. Nothing was said about this.

Ø Nothing was mentioned about it being repainted. This paint job is a sloppy mess-over spray is apparent on the various rubber gaskets, door sills, interior, and it appears that it was not sanded prior to painting-various rock chips in the old paint are viewable through the thin layer of the new paint.

Ø This car leaks an alarming amount of engine oil, transmission fluid and antifreeze coolant-nothing was ever mentioned about this fact.

Ø The transmission ‘hunts and slips’ between 3rd and 4th gear until the car has been driven for a number of minutes.

Ø Both front headlight assemblies are seriously cracked and damaged-new parts for this item start at $200 each!

Ø There is a 2-3 inch hole in the driver’s side taillight-another expensive item.

Boy, do I have alot of work to do. I talked to this guy several times on the phone and he assured me of the 'great condition' of this vehicle. We're sending him a letter asking for some of the purchase price back.
I'll NEVER buy another car on Ebay without having it inspected by an independent mechanic. I'm just stunned how much this guy lied.