View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscmc1
Kipsch are great speakers, if a little "forward." Efficient as all get out, though. My little 3 WPC (yes, three watts) 300B triode amp loves that level of efficiency. I have had Altec Voice of the Theaters, JBL horn systems, newer Klipsch horn speakers, etc... Would love to find a pair of K-horns someday!!!

Whenever I see olf analog receivers in pawn shops or thrift stores I buy them up. Those things are workhorses! Same with turntables. I found a Dynaco PAS 2, ST70, FM2, and Janszen electrostatic speakers in the local classifieds one day... original owner, and I scored all that for $100. Didn't dicker at all as that was a GREAT price to begin with and the old guy was nice as could be. Oh, he had a turntable (Fairchild) in the lot too.

Nothing trumps the McIntosh MC75 tube amp I found in an army surplus store for $15 though!

Chris
Chris,

Your bargin hunting skills are second to none. If your are ever up in the Chicago suburbs please look me up and bring some of your tube amps. I would like to learn to bargin hunt from the Master.
1992 Chevy Astro, 205K Miles