View Single Post
Old 05-17-2001, 01:50 PM
G-Benz's Avatar
G-Benz G-Benz is offline
Razorback Soccer Dad
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Dallas/Fort-Worth
Posts: 5,711
You've melted the leads to the cigarette lighter (due to overheating, and now the burnt insulation has exposed the wiring. The ground wire is probably fine, but the hot wire is exposed and in contact with something else metallic, causing the fuse to immediately trip upon replacement.

You will have to remove the head unit to get to the harness, and then disconnect the cigarette lighter connection altogether. If the fuse doesn't blow this time, then check the connection first, then start tracing from there.

Good luck!
2009 ML350 (84K) - Family vehicle
2001 CLK430 Cabriolet (71K) - Wife's car
2005 BMW 645CI (124K) - My daily driver
2012 Mustang V6 (60K) - Daughter's car
Reply With Quote