Thread: ML 320 Brakes
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 06:28 PM

ML 320 Brakes

I took my car in yesterday for regular service. A couple of hours later the service rep calls and tells me "Mam, I wanted to let you know that your brakes are REALLY worn" According to him I needed new brake pads and rotors, front and back. I reminded him that there were only 23,000 miles on the car and wondered how that could be possible? He assured me that was common on the ML and I agreed to having it done.
When picking up the car I overheard the same service guy talking to another customer who decided to "wait on the brake job" and my first thought was "Is today push the brake job day?" I asked to see the old pads and rotors, yes the pads were worn somewhat and the rotors who knows, he said they measure them on a machine. I don't know...Today I am still kicking myself for agreeing to having it done and I feel like I was just plainly ripped off.

My question is how long should the brakes last, especially on an ML320. If you have had to replace the brakes how many miles were on the car.

I just feel like "such a girl" after this!!!!

Thanks