View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 03:01 AM
Brandon314159

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82-300td
I don't know about the W126, but my AUDI 5000 intercooler won't come close to fitting my W123 without cutting into the fender and installing some very tight bends in the air stream. The Volvo 740 intercooler would be sweet, but the oil cooler blocks the drivers side outlet.
This seems to be a AUDI intercooler (looks just like mine...pretty good size)

If you have seen the engine bay on a w126, there is lots of open space up near the front corners (unfortunately the good doctor doesn't have this space as his battery is in the way)
There is enough space for the IC and some ductwork to get air across it.
I would probably run a temp controlled fan. This IC has a temp sender or two on its outlet so I could make up some circuity to turn on a little grouping of helper fans.

Its not the most air flowing area but this volvo IC I have just will not work without modifying the radiator and the AC system (both of which I like on my 300SD)

I will take some pictures tomorrow of the IC's that I have and also the proposed area to be installed into.

I documented the installation of my pyrometer but never made the webpage. Maybe I will get around to it if anyone would be interested in the step by step instructions

The IP adjustment page is almost done...I will put it up in place of my first incorrect one.

Last edited by Brandon314159; 06-17-2005 at 03:19 AM.