View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedMech
Compare the Fox News story with this PETA

Fox seems to be much less damning than the local news. So I guess Fox did the reporting, minus the spin.
I don't see any spin in either news report. Both reports seem factual to me. The local news report just has more up to date info than does the Fox report.

Anybody know what the motive was for killing these animals? I don't see where they were making money off the deal. Some of the more far out animal rights types have a problem with the concept of domesticated animals. Were these two just saving these kittens and puppies from having to be somebody's pet? They were clearly going to some trouble and expense to do this. How sick does somebody have to be to kill a healthy puppy or kitten? Good grief.

BTW, I didn't mean to say that there is anything wrong with Fox reporting this story. It is absolutely newsworthy. Fox does some good stuff, all of which is far outweighed by the harm they cause with their shrewd, relentless right-wing spin. They did the right thing by reporting this story, but I couldn't resist taking a cheap shot at them.