View Single Post
Old 05-18-2001, 01:44 PM

No kidding, my linkage is really sloppy! I noticed the same thing about the carbs not being synced at both low and high throttle. The angles are all off, one carb is back carb than the other. If I were to design a linkage it would be mounted on both carbs, not just the front carb with a dinky pushrod for the rear.
Where is this resistor in the rotor that Robby jumpered over?
Bill, I forgot that I also had a similar problem with missing when starting. When my mechanic came over to help resolve my timing issues, he noticed a lot of crud under the plate that the points bolt onto. when he turned the rotor shaft by hand, you could see that the centrifugal advance arms were not moving smoothly (that's what he called them). So he pulled them off and cleaned them up and put them back. If I recall, you set your timing at 3000 RPM, but at really slow RPM these centrifugal advance arms may not be where they should, throwing off your timing. Hows your timing at lower RPM, does it follow the graph?
I got the timing pointer for my car, but I am having trouble visualizing where it should bolt onto. Is supposed to be attached by the same bolts as the motor mounts?

'57 190SL
'86 560SEC AMG