View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dculkin
150 MPH in a GT6! That would be a hell of a ride.

I didn't know why I thought that TR4s had the same displacement as the TR6. My guess is that the TR4 that I drove years ago was in better shape than the TR6s I drove. That TR4 probably was faster, but not for the reason I thought.

I got hooked on MGs before I was allowed to drive, so I never paid much attention to Triumphs. I'm not a big horsepower guy, so give me a 1970-74 MGB and I'm happy. That's my favorite car of all time.
The OD was MIA by the time I got it..unfortunately...the second owner grenaded the tranny and it ended up with a Non-od unit...he is the one who actually had it to 150....the most I ever had it was closer to 120 on the Italian Autostrada before Photocameras went into use in Italy. (I took the car overseas with me.)

I sold it to a soldier who was rotating back to the USA and he took it to Arizona with him....I bet its still on the road there....Sorry I sold it....but at the time it seemed like a good idea. My wife and I both love the TR6...If I survive the upcoming Verizon merger and overtime picks up I will buy one. Always wanted one....never had one.

Either that or I will find a chrome bumper MGB in need of a heart transplant and put in a SR20 DTE from a Japanese Silvia coupe....
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche