View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83mercedes
As far as the website goes, I find it hard to believe that it was made by a man, let alone someone from America . Christ, every article is about how much better foreign women are. Perhaps just the propaganda of a desperate Brazilian housewife .

But as to "why bother" to have kids: If you don't, then what was your purpose in living?! You have no legacy that lives past you and you destroy any chance of being remembered the way a child could remember you. If your only purpose in life is to live and die, than why live? Isn't that a pretty bleak outlook? Do the good things that happen to you really outweigh the bad so much so that you are satisfied simply with existing?

And finally, but most importantly, if couples don't have kids then our population will decrease and we will be even easier pickings for China.
Are you saying the only purpose in life is to breed? Man that sounds bleak to me. I'm not really concerned with being remembered or leaving a legacy but I guess if I am someday I'll donate a gym and get a statute put up on some small school. I want it to say "Knowledge is good"

As for the good things outweighing the bad; yeah, they do. I'm pretty content. The alternative you suggest, that life sucks so much a person would kill themselves if it weren't for the kid, sounds pretty depressing.

No knock on people with kids, just not for me.