View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 12:33 PM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Giant
I dont mind using the rebuilt compressor, and I think the synthetic oil will make it last an acceptable time. I will say this. Running this compressor with the synthetic oil makes it run totatly silent. I can tell a huge difference with the oil being the biggest factor. When the clutch engages you cannot hear the compressor. Its really weird.
Where does one purchase this? Will this work with R12 also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Eliel
Very good write up and very good pictures too. I read throught the entire write up and noticed you didn't replace OR indicate that the hoses ought to be tested for leaks. With a 20yo car, at least 1 hose, maybe more, will have a leak close to the fittings. Sometimes there are wear areas due to chaffing. Just went through my 84 300D last year and had to have two hoses rebuilt (in addition to the usual suspects).
I've yet to look into rebuilding a few hoses, can you let me in on what that ran you?

I need to do the lil one from the Dryer/Accum to the Condensor (or just buy it new if I could find it!) and the one from the Dryer/Accum to the Expansion Valve (it's about $80).

That's all I still need to do aside from order some R12 now from ebay.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]