View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 06:14 PM

This car has been repainted and has serious rust issues i believe. Sure it's a euro and I would guess spent a lot of it's life in germany where they have not only major rust problems but it even comes in different places than here sometimes. Anyways you are looking at a pretty major repair around that back window. I would check the floors very carefully. Especially the rear wheel wells. unless this car is very, very cheap think you should tend to keep looking. A real southern car it's not. I will even go as far to suggest there may or may not be real issues under that repaint. Take a magnet with you. I used to stay twice a year in tuscaloosa a little south of you and this car is far rougher than any I saw down there as far as rust damage goes unless the car came there from the north. You live just a little north in birmingham and should find much better than this. Remember you can fix mechanical things but rust not only weakens the structure but is very hard and time intensive to do much with. I would not buy a car with problems like that and i live in a rustbelt to put it mildly. Just a few thoughts. It could be an isolated area of the body but I tend to think not. Have been wrong before though.

Last edited by barry123400; 06-23-2005 at 06:45 PM.