View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 09:14 AM

126 timing chain guide question

I opened up the cam covers (the driver's side has two thick lines connected to what looks like the ac system that goes to the intake under the airfilter that gets in the way. I was afraid to disconnect ...what are these lines and how do I get them out of the way so the cam covers can clear the cams?) yesterday on my 85 500 sel to replace the timing chain and guides.... How do the guides come off? I have the MB cd and there is no section covering this. It looks like the rods/pins that hold the guides don't have access ports/holes.

Do I loosen the chain tensioner? what is the tightening specs for the tensioner?

I read some how to's on chain replacement and thought it wouldn't be too hard but when I looked at the guides I closed everything back up.

The guides 'looked' like they have no wear but the replacements I have are white while the ones in the car are yellow/orange...I want to change these asap so pls. help!

I am not too happy w/ the MB cd...is there another source that has the timing chain/guide instructions?

Thanks,

Don