View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 12:00 PM

Yep if you have spark at all four I would look at the plugs first as described! It is easier than removing the injectors to check and make sure fuel is getting to the chambers. Pull the coil wire and crank her over a few times then check the plugs. That may help figure out if it is an injector and which one it is. If it is an injector I would pull all four and soak them in carb cleaner for about 15 minutes. Then wipe them clean! You can then spray them down with carb cleaner, then spray into them. I had done this before and noticed that one injector allowed the carb cleaner to go right through it. Once I was done with them none of them allowed the cleaner to go right through. If you indeed do need new injectors they are pretty cheap online, 25 bucks a pop roughly. I got four new ones and noticed no change over the old and was told by a few MB Techs that these injectors rarely fail and it is normal for them to just get gummed up. After all this if it is an injector you should dump a can or two of Injector cleaner in your tank! Good Luck!

1986 190E 2.3 Black, Auto, Mods to come soon.....