View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralStark
In the short term we don't have any options???? Ummm...ever heard of public transportation? The railroad system in this country is enough to make the eastern europeans cry. Ever heard of a bike? Ever heard of walking? EVer heard of biodiesel and biofuels?

Conservation is perhaps our most viable alternative, yet in some people's mind that is un-American. If we lived in a free-market it would make sense though as conservation of resources would be beneficial, not the other way around.

Education is surely an issue but that stems from the collective reality in which we have invested where bigger is better and the more you use, the better you are.
Whoops, should have clarified that statement about no viable alternatives-I mean for Heavy Industry, I don't see any short term Viable alternatives. I agree with what you say on Conservation, walking, WVO,No arguement there from me. If I had viable public transportation, I would chuck the car in a heartbeat. Really with all the crazy drivers on the road, its no longer a pleasure it once was; now my car means NOTHING to me but a piece of steel with 4 tires that gets me from point A to Point B in my work. My work is as such I cannot ditch it but it is small. a VW TDI, NB.Can't go much smaller, no MB SmartCars here yet in volume.

Last edited by miamimike; 06-29-2005 at 10:55 PM.