View Single Post
Old 05-24-2001, 03:43 PM
Strong, silent type
What I meant to say....

Please don't be offended. There are plenty of crafstmen still left in the profession. And not all of them are either crabby or old. But it does seem, as many have noted here, that more and more of the new-breed mechanics just want to replace parts. And this is true in all fields, not just auto mecahnics. At home, the controls for my central A/C had stopped working. One guy wanted to replace the entire swithc at over $200.00 a pop. Another guy went outside to the central unit, took the switch out, cleaned the accumulation of ant residue (ants love electrical switches, them little buggers!!!) and charged me $50.00 for his time.

By the way, my new mechanic also flies and services his own plane. I figure that pilots tend to be very fastiduous about mechanical and electrical maintenance since one little engine "burp" at 10k feet altitude can spell TROUBLE. If he is that fussy about his own plane, he will also be that fussy about my car.

I am not sure what the diagnosis for your car's hesitation problem may be. Intermittent problems, however, usually are of an electrical nature.
Current Benzes

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!