View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 11:08 PM
JD

1994 S500v W140 Alarm System And Bulb Replacement Issues

HELLO EVERYONE:

I am the owner of a 1994 S500V and I am currently in the process of replacing multiple bulbs that have burnt out.

First, I would like to thank those of you who I Private Messaged and helped with the replacement of bulbs for my Climate Control Unit.

Now I seem to have other bulb replacement issues...

1. Does anyone know how to replace the alarm's red / green bulbs within the two front door handles? I have tried searching this board, but was not able to turn up a procedure for such.

2. When replacing the driver's door "mud lamp" bulb - the light that is located at the bottom center interior of the door and is illuminated when the one of the front doors is opened - I accidentally unpluged the plastic housing from its power line... problem being that I am unable to retrive the power line / cord that connects to the plastic housing - as it is behind the door's trim and I cannot get it to give enough slack so to reconnect it to the plastic housing. Do I have to remove the whole internior door panel to capture such? Is the a way to remove the speaker covers to gain access to such? If so, how?

3. Lastly, I have removed the driver's side left air vent to gain access to behind the central instrument cluster so that I can replace bulbs for such. Doing this, I figured would be a simple push from behind the instrument cluster, however, this has not worked for me - and I do not have the proper Mercedes-Benz tools to pry the cluster out from the front. Does anyone know if there is also a way to access the rear of the cluster through the center air vents aswell, so that I can push from behind on both sides? I believe that this would give me enough leverage to push the cluster out, completely. If so, how do you go about removing the central air vents?

MUCH THANKS FOR LISTENNING AND ANY HELP / INSIGHT THAT YOU CAN PROVIDE!

Last edited by dbs600; 07-06-2005 at 11:51 PM.