View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 11:49 PM
JD

1994 S500V W140 HVAC BLOWER & BLOWER REGULATOR

HELLO AGAIN:

My vehicle has the same problem that many others have previously posted about - I am able to get both hot and cold air from the vents, but no far / blower whatsoever, no matter the adjusted fan speed (MIN / AUTO / MAX).

Earlier today I attempted to determine whether my HVAC's Blower or my HVAC's Blower Regulator is the culprit - thanks to help from detailed proceedures that other boarders have provided as insight. However, I was unable to come to a conclusion...

1st. When getting to the blower and blower regulator I noticed that my filter was extremely dirty. I noticed that one person on this board quoted $100 for the part. Is this correct? - very pricey if in fact the amount!

2nd. I had planned to bypass the regulator by connecting the "blue" wire directly to the blower, but hesitated when I touched a part of the blower with a screw driver which resulted in a large spark. The vehilce was turned off at the time. Does the Blower hold a charge to it after the car it turned off!? If so how do I "decharge" it so to evade shocking myself - what precautions should I take?

3rd. After the above incident I determined that I would hold off on the diagnosis for now - but by eye balling the electric lines that run from the vehicle to the regulator back to the blower - I was confused as to how I should simply take the regulator out of circut. I do not want to cut any of the wires. Is there a plug and play way to go about this?

A/C blower's output is low . . .

I do not have a digital camera to take a picture of my regulator and blower, but as you can see from the picture embedded in the link above - All of the power lines are covered - how am I supposed to "jump" the blue from the regulator directly to the blower???

4. If the entire blower is the culprit - is this easily removed? I could not figure out how to remove the whole piece even if i wanted to - does anyone know where the screws for such are?

THANK YOU - AND GOOD NIGHT!