View Single Post
Old 05-25-2001, 12:50 AM

It really is too bad that the younger generation of techs has become ignorant part-jockeys. These guys are my generation and it would anger me greatly to see the way some of them worked on cars. That's what finally prompted me to leave the dealership and return to the independent. It's a much different story around Precision! The owners and fellow techs are all concerned about customers and will actually diagnose a car and try to fix it rather than merely replacing parts. During my time at the Mercedes dealership, I singled out about 4 guys out of 25 mechanics there who, if I were not a mechanic myself, I would let even touch my car. Anyhow, within the next two years, I am going to be opening up my own independent Mercedes-Benz service and restoration shop. I haven't picked out a location yet, but I am thinking Cleveland, Ohio (home town loyalty). And besides, Precision already has Cincinnati covered! In addition to service, I would also like to be able to have one (and only one) restoration going at the same time. So I will be on the lookout for a very experienced bodyman (a hard thing to come by). I am thinking that the upholstery can be sub-contracted out and of course the mechanical work can be done in-house. Ok, enough talk. It's late. Good night all!