View Single Post
Old 05-25-2001, 04:52 AM
Service Advisor
Ed, The Easiest and Cheapest way is to not waste your money on the silver vision bulbs, but instead Paint the orange bulbs silver.

do it this way for the best results without much loss in brightness. Spray the paint on a piece of paper, so it gets wet enough to dab a cotton ball on the paint. I used a piece of kleenex tissue paper. I dabbed it into the paint, then lightly dabbed the bulb, until it was covered in silver enough to lightly cover the bulb, but was still able to be seen through when held up to a light.

I have painted them various ways, and the third time I did it that way, and it worked the best.

The first time, I painted 3/4 of the bulb silver leaving the back a bit exposed and orange. this worked, but the bulbs came out too dim when in parking light mode. it reminded me of worn out headlights on older cars, that were dim, very dim. Indicators were brighter.

The second time I painted the bulbs half silver and lef half orange. This worked well, and was brighter than before, but not bright enough for me. The bulbs were still too dim.

The third time, I painted as I described. Spray thick on some paper, dab some cotton balls or tissue paper on it, and lightly dab the bulb until it is covered lightly but is still see through.

The result, Looks like the bulb cant be seen during the day, and when on, they look virtually normal with almost no loss of brightness. Yes there is some loss, but it looks great and works great.

You can see pics of my car on my site. you tell me if you can see the bulbs.

ohh and the paint when dabbed on took about 10 minutes to dry fully.

'92 300CE - Sold
2004 C240 - C7 Wheels
2015 ML350 - P1, Pano, Ash poplar wood, Sport Dinamica interior, Running Boards Keyless go.